Thursday, June 13, 2013

9 years and camping

Let me preface this post by saying this is May's thoughts.
 Last week was the 9 year mark of being out of high school. That is just a little absurd to me so much has happened. But then I also see kids that I use to watch like the final Graham boy about to graduate from high school. (Yikes!) This makes me stop and think what kind of impact have I made within those 9 years. I hope that there has been a lot. Yet I know that there have been many times where I have dropped the ball. All I can do is learn from that and look ahead to what God has in store. I need to continually pray that my life is not my own, but that it is an offering to Christ.

It has also been an interesting time at church. These last 13 weeks our pastor has been talking about marriage. Now for those of you who have not heard, I am still not married:) It has been interesting to think how this applies now during singleness. It would be nice to be able to set all the information aside for the future. But so much it pertained to relationships, and how they should be gospel centered.  I so thankful that God allowed me to still be around for it.

On another note my family got to be together for memorial day weekend.  If you know me at all,  think about me times 6, then add a little more and you have my family. We love God,  we love each other,  and we love having fun. Well we were able to do all those things.  The most excitement happened when a couple of raccoons decided to invade camp and steal a loaf of bread.  After stealing the food they then taunted us from the bushes. Things seemed to settle down, we went back to our games,  when the rascals came at us.  All that I remember from that point is half of us on the picnic table, one with an umbrella opening and closing it, and a few running at the bushes. I leave you to decide which one I was.  Thankful for a family like this.
 
That is all for now.  Soon to come is end of year post. 
Please continue to pray that the relationships I have will be gospel centered. 
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment