Sunday, July 21, 2013

God is good...

 Please keep in mind this was written at 1 in the morning.
 Wrapping up my last week has had high points even higher points and low points. Let me rewind you to last Sunday. I drove down to Roseburg for a last visit to family and friends down there. While down there my car decided that it wanted to have the radiator go out. Thankfully God has gifted my dad with car knowledge. (I do not have that) Well we finally got that all fixed with a few extra noises, but I was able to drive back up to Lebanon to see a few East Linn kids show their animals (Hayden good job) at the fair. After that I had the opportunity to meet up with my community group one last time. Can I just say I do not know how others do it, because it has been one of the hardest things for me. I equate it to pulling off a band-aid, it has been slow and painful but exciting to see what is happening underneath. I cannot wait to see what God will be doing with these people. Each one ministering in different areas. God is good and allowed so much growth together in this group. A couple of weeks ago while watching this movie called Love I was reminded of the fact that God created us to be in community with other. The movie portrayed this astronaut who goes to ISS and loses all contact with earth. While there he goes through the emotions of  what being alone can do to you. So although I will not be alone please be praying that I would find another Gospel centered community.
Gonna miss this family
Friday I was finally able to sell my car, all the way up to Thursday night I had planned on selling it for 300$. At last minute I decided to give it away. Well I thought it was my decision, but God had been working it out. the lady who ended up with my car, Amy, had been without a car for some time and was praying that she would find a car for free. When I offered it to her for 300 she has pretty excited. On Friday though she told me how she had been praying for a free one. So it was pretty cool to get to see God's provision being played out. God is so good! Along these lines I am reminded of this line from a song "Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus, oh for grace to trust Him more." It has been a good reminder to trust that Christ has things in control.
Prayer:
Flying the next few days: Portland-San Francisco, San Fran-Tokyo, Tokyo-Sing, Sing-Jak
Pray for good connections, in two ways making the next flight and connecting with those that are in the seat next to me.
Rest
Thanks again I hope the next update will be in Singapore or Jakarta

The next few pictures are things I have had the opportunity to do in the last few weeks in the states:
Mount St. Helen's Hike

4th of July Prep
bbq

fed ducks

floated the river

hacked some portals/coast trip probably Ashley's favorite :)
BBQ
For those of you pictured and you don't like it, well tough.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for not picturing me. :)
    Keep the stories coming.

    ReplyDelete