Saturday, July 27, 2013

It is hard to believe

So I am finally here, but what has happened since then... Well let me catch you up on the last six days or is it five things are blending together.
The Plane Ride

 As you may recall my plane ride took me pdx-san fran-tokyo-singapore-jak. Not once did it feel like, what the heck did I get into. Why is that? Because God is good. Every flight and every connection God was working things out. I am going to focus on two of those. The First was on my longest flight from San-Fran to Tokyo (11 hours). On this flight I had an empty seat next to me which was nice. But the best part was just across the isle was a couple that was also coming to teach here. So I was able to get to know them and not feel so alone on that large of a flight. The other part of the trip where God was evident was in the Tokyo airport waiting for my connection to Singapore. I was standing in line waiting to board and this little lady originally from Singapore now living in Seattle asked me what I was doing. I explained to her what I would be doing and she said she wanted to help me out and pray for me. So before we boarded, she did just that and gave me 25 Singapore dollars. God was watching out for me because I only exchanged 20$  that was not near enough for the taxi ride for the hotel.
2nd plane ride very long and exhausting

Singapore YMCA Hostel

 That is all I have time for now I hopefully tomorrow can update on actual JAK. Please continue to pray for time adjustment and Gospel Centered relationships.

2 comments:

  1. Aren't long plane rides just an adventure themselves? Especially flying west. Unless you sleep, i guess, then you miss everything. I don't do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was definitely no sleep. But there was nothing to miss either because I had an isle seat the whole way.

      Delete