Tuesday, September 10, 2013

ACTS 2

Ten days from now will mark the fact that I have been out of the states for 2 months (twelve Timbers games). It does not seem like it has been that long. It really seems quite longer. During that time I have had to set up an apartment, a classroom, a routine, and knowledge base of Jakarta life (they each have many areas to grow, especially Jakarta know how). Not only have I had to set all that up, but also begin to build/grow new and old friendships.
Acts 2:42-47 discusses  what the fellowship of believers should be like
And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. And day by day,attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved. (Acts 2:42-47, ESV)
 The following are some of the many ways that God has brought this together for me here
PRAYER answered 1: Great people to fellowship, eat out, play games, and watch american sports (hand and foot with Phineas and Ferb cards). It has been great to be able discuss God's word with the people here.
PRAYER answered 2: A church to attend that teaches God's truth. It has been amazing to see how God has brought this about. Even after trying to do it my own way and getting lost and sweaty. God has it in His hands.
PRAYER answered 3: Have an apartment that can be used by God for His work. This was answered in at least one way so far. Today my Life Group began meeting in this small little living room.
PRAYER answered 4: God's continued Grace on close quarters. As I stated before that, I think 18, staff all live on the same floor. It can be crazy working together and living so close but I praise God that He allows us to have favor with each other.


PRAY:
That I would be bold in sharing the Gospel.
That I would constantly long to Love like Christ loved us
That my apartment would be a place devoted to God's work.

Thank you for continued prayer,

Things I Miss:

Doritos

2 comments:

  1. Doritos are gross. Just saying. I am really glad you are enjoying everything God had planned for you when you said "yes" to Him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They may be gross, but there is nothing to lick your fingers after eating here

    ReplyDelete