Friday, August 30, 2013

Indonesian Sicknesses and Birthdays

What a sick week and celebratory week all in one. I want to start off by saying to any of you who ever plan to travel anywhere and be there for a long period of time let's say to year, please follow these 3 important things you should do before getting sick.
1. Buy all of the medicine that you could possibly need and have your cupboards overflowing. Just like it was when you were growing up and all you wanted was a band-aid and 600 other medicinal things are covering them up.
2. Stock up on all comfort foods that you enjoy having around when you feel disgusting. If your country does not carry those things then stock up on crackers and bananas. These are always good fall back items.
3. Don't get sick. Really just avoid it as much as possible. It is not a fun thing to be away from home and be sick.
If you hadn't guessed after a month and a week I finally got something. Thankfully it only lasted the weekend and I was better by my birthday.

I got to celebrate my birthday this year by teaching then having an open house. It is kind of funny because my first year teaching at East Linn we had our open house the same day as my birthday as well. (Josh Becker one of my students now a 6th grader, Yikes!, wished me a happy birthday.

Well this year I my class parent had been informed it was my birthday and brought me a great cake with trick candles. All of the students and parents enjoyed that.
great cake
I think that day during school I was sang to 4 times in class and 1 time at lunch.
Afterwards I was able to go with a group of friends from here to eat some A&W and bowl. These pictures are of that experience. It was a blast. I am thankful for the fact that God is even interested in the small details of birthdays.
This is my host family 




They already know me so well

Jory this one is for you
So there you have it, just a great day.

Please be praying for two of my friends who have the opportunity to be a part of a softball team playing in Vietnam. Pray that they good witnesses, and safe while they travel. (and to make all flights:) *Chris and Erik

Pray for all of us newbies as our bodies adjust. 

Thankful for healing for one of my friends who was hospitalized, as I recovered.
Thanks for praying

Things I miss from home:
Griddles
Camp Fires
South Dakota Trips

1 comment: